Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Latex Gloves Prevent Flu or Illness from RedBox Movie Rental

Dear Glovesaver

Every time I go to the grocery store I use the sanitizing wipes to clean my cart and hands before I shop. I'm very OCD when it comes to washing my hands after touching something that I consider to be dirty.

However, I went to my local RedBox last week, it happened to be located in the grocery store where I shop and since I had already cleaned my cart and hands I went ahead a rented a couple of movies.
I did not have any hand protection. I should have used latex gloves to take the dirty greasy movie out of it's case. It looked like someone had sneezed or coughed all over the Redbox DVD.

When I got home, I gave the disk a quick wipe-down with a damp towel and proceeded to watch my movie "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" when I finished the movie I was tired so I took a nap. When I woke up the next morning early, my throat was dry and hoarse, I felt sick all over my body, I thought I may have got Strep Throat or something nasty... I was so lucky because I had some penicillin in my cupboard. I was still very sick for 5 days after that. There was that split second of thought when I first opened the DVD and saw dried up spit and a greasy fingerprint on it. I regret that I didn't use Latex Gloves as a precaution before I opened my Redbox Movie.

The spread of viruses and the common cold runs rampent when any human rents a previously viewed video. In the old days, I remember the employees at blockbuster use to check and wipe down all rentals that came back into the store (at least I think they did) Unfortunately this is not the case with Redbox because the way it's returned "dirty" is the way you get it "double dirty"... I wish I could complain too Redbox but they don't offer such customer service, nor did I take any before and after pictures of the DVD I rented. So I have no real case other than my verbal warning.

As you can see I am a very careful person when it comes to keeping free of germs and bacteria. I hope when you read this that you take into consideration that I got the Flu or some kind of Virus from my local Redbox. Once again a word to the wise, prevent viruses and prevent flu and use hand protection such as Latex gloves or even a cloth or shirt when you take the DVD-Rental out of it's case because you never know where it's been..I meen you REALLY NEVER KNOW WHERE IT'S BEEN!

Sincerely
Dominic Hurley
Brown & Brown Nissan

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
As the premiere online wholesale distributor of Latex, Nitrile and Vinyl Gloves, Our vision is to create enduring customer relationships, by offering small business and medical professionals the best value, comfort and protection that they require from their disposable gloves and to become the leading industry wholesale distributor of vinyl, latex and nitrile gloves, offering exceptional customer service, price and value to all of our customers. GloveSaver.com offers its clientele the highest quality disposable glove products at a wholesale price. Thank you for choosing GloveSaver.com